Sugar Plum Vegan has been providing Northern California delightful vegan baked goods since 2009. The owner, Melissa Sugar, began her bakeress adventure as a young girl in her grandmother's Ukrainian kitchen in Philadelphia. Melissa gained professional experience at a French influenced Bakery where she learned the fine art of the tart, pies, cakes and cookies.
Life took her out West to Los Angeles where her love for baking and her quest to "Do No Harm" to all beings was first materialized to the public. In 2004, Melissa started Jivana Vegan, a farmers market bakery and personal chef services, in Los Angeles. She developed valuable knowledge of raw food preparation, juicing and fasting at this time. This successful venture was well received by those looking for healthier and cruelty free options that were very scarce.
In 2009, Melissa started a family and moved to Sacramento where Sugar Plum Vegan was born. She was a pioneer in bringing vegan and gluten free items to this area. Now the market is dense with lots of vegan friendly and gluten free options and Sugar Plum Vegan continues to thrive. Melissa is always evolving her business by creating products that are new, fresh and exciting.
Along with professional baking, Melissa Sugar has extensive experience at catering. From elegant parties in Beverly Hills to an intimate couples dinner, Melissa's hospitality skills are refined and designed for your specific event. Currently she is offering catering on a limited basis. Please contact us with your inquiry.
Sugar Plum Vegan has partnered with many non-profit organizations including Animal Place, PETA, Sacramento Vegan Society, Harvest Home Animal Sanctuary, Sacramento Buddhist Society, Food Not Bombs and Earth Save, to name a few.
Celebrities also love Melissa Sugar's creations: German Chocolate Cake for Forest Whitaker, a Carrot Cake Wedding Cake for Marilu Henner and Cookies and Treats for Stic Man and Mike FLo of Dead Prez and Alicia Silverstone and many more.
Sugar Plum Vegan would not be where we are without our Wholesale Accounts!
If you are in the Northern California area, please support these amazing businesses that carry our products.
- Temple Coffee (7 Locations), Sacramento
- Sacramento Natural Foods Coop (Grocery & Deli)
- Davis Foods Coop
- Nugget Markets (all locations)
- Sebastopol Community Market, Sebastopol
- Rainbow Grocery, San Francisco
- Briar Patch Coop, Grass Vally
- California Organics, Grass Valley
- The Mill Coffee House, Sacramento (2 locations)
- Grass Roots Natural Foods, South Lake Tahoe
- Argonaut Farm to Fork Cafe, Coloma
- Placerville Coop, Placerville
- Buffalo Whole Foods, San Francisco
- Corners of the Mouth, Mendocino
- Freebird Coffee, South Lake Tahoe
- Mollie Stones (Select Locations)
- New Earth Market, Yuba City & Chico
- New Moon Natural Foods, Truckee
- Flywheel Coffee Roasters, San Francisco
- Valencia Whole Foods, San Francisco
- Royal Cuckoo Market, San Francisco
- Other Avenues Coop, San Francisco
- Natural Selection, Grass Valley
- Tea Xotics, El Dorado Hills
- Santa Rosa Community Market, Santa Rosa
- Veg Cafe, Sacramento
- Zest Vegan Cafe, Rocklin
- Baagan, San Ramon
- Broadway Coffee, Oak Park Sacramento
- Cafe Dantorels, Curtis Park Sacramento
- Elliott's Fine Nutrition, Citrus Heights
- Pipeworks Fitness and Climbing, Sacramento
- Whole Foods Arden, Sacramento
- Whole Foods Folsom
- Whole Foods San Francisco-Castro, Ocean, SOMA, Haight, Potrero Hil
- Whole Foods North Bay-Mill Valley, Coddingtown Mall, Ran Rafael, Petaluma, Novato
- Pause Coffee House, Fair Oaks & Rocklin
- Badfish Coffee, Orangevale
- Asha Urban Baths, Sacramento
- Argos Caffe, Folsom
- A Taste Above, Pocket/Greenhaven Sacramento
Follow us on Instagram to stay up to date on our product releases: https://www.instagram.com/sugar_plum_vegan/